Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

What this is all about

Back in 1918, my Grandfather Jack met my Grandmother-to-be, Madge, and this prompted him to start a diary. The diary runs from Thursday August 8th, 1918, to Sunday, 5th January, 1919.

So, over the next few months I will be comparing what my grandfather was doing with what I am doing, 88 years on. I am at a loss as to whether start on the 8th, or on Thursday. I have a few days to sort this out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snail said...

Start on the 8th, Geoff. I can't wait the extra days.

1:17 pm, August 06, 2006  
Blogger Nathan said...

What a fascinating concept. I hope you don't mind if I eavesdrop occasionally.

2:36 pm, August 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home