Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Page 29-30 - December 10th

Tuesday Dec 10th saw us up at 7am for Reveille & to prepare for our shift. After a little fussing we got under way at 9:20am & we marched through Oisement to a village called Ramburelles arriving at about 12:30pm. The village proved to be a small dirty one & the billets were very bad indeed so a Sgt Barratt & myself found a nice cosy room with a double bed & made ourselves at home.

Anniversaries: Today marks the end of my 60th year on this good earth. Suppose I'll have to change the wording of my Blogger profile, now.

Sunday Dec 10th saw a brief shower of rain just before dawn, which I suppose was the 'clearing showers' the weather bureau talked of. It did clean the air a little, so not completely useless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home