Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Page 13 - September 8th

Sunday Sept 8th dawned cold and raw. At 7:30 we had breakfast & a parade at 10am to go for a march. Naturally we just went out of sight and dispersed. Being rainy in the afternoon we stayed in & wrote letters etc. Early this morning, Fritz paid us a visit, but being a heavy sleeper I never heard them.

Friday Sept 8th was also fairly cold here at dawn. The southwesterlies dropped overnight, but not completely gone. The left knee is playing up something shocking, and did not want to support me when I crawled out of bed at 05:30. Although I had a restful day, the knee did not repay me by improving to any great extent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home