Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Page 31 - December 22nd

Sunday Dec 22nd Dawned much brighter so I decided to take a walk to Saint Maxent to see the 41st boys, but on arriving there found that they had just left for a days outing to Abbeville, so had to retrace my steps, arriving back just in time for lunch. Did nothing all afternoon.

Friday Dec 22nd cloudy early, with a few spots of rain. Gave in to "the girls" yesterday and purchased a hammock stand so we could finally get the old Hawaiian hammock (from Lombok days) out of storage - only been stashed away for 15 years! ) ALDI had a hammock and stand on sale, so I zoomed down early to make the purchase. Lucky we had the old hammock, because the item sold with the stand was way too short to fit. I'd guess that there might have been a few irate people, because these hammocks were very popular items at the small ALDI I visited. Rang their Brisbane HQ to warn them that they might expect some nasty phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home