Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Battalion Diaries at the AWM

I have discovered the Battalion War Diaries at the Australian War Memorial website.

43rd Battalion
42nd Battalion
41st Battalion
8th Field Artillery Brigade

I have already discovered that I can match the War Diaries with Jack's Diary, and to photographs taken by Jack in late 1918 and early 1919. Maybe next year, I'll add in the relevant War Diary entries on the anniversary of the day they were made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home