Jack's Diary

The diary of Sergeant Samuel John "Jack" Drew M.M., August 1918 to January 1919.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Over 60, with a son 32 and a daughter 22. Retired on 26 October, 2007, after 37 years with the company. No matter, I've led an interesting life with much travel in Southeast Asia, the Pacific Region, and a little bit of Africa.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Page 17 - September 21st


Saturday 21st Sept dawned clear & cool. No Battn parade this morning on account of sports during the afternoon. Played at the sports massed with 41st, 43rd & 44th Bands. Told today that the 42nd was to be broken up so you can guess that we are all in very high spirits (I don't think).

Thursday 21st Sept
a very nice morning. Did some proof reading of my daughter's Uni assignment, then varnished the the latest woodwork project and attached the lid etc. Drove to Toowoomba later for a long weekend of mother-sitting while my sister is in Sydney for a Scrabble tournament and a little time with her daughter. Not a bad drive, but a warm day on the road. Only one road idiot encountered, and that was in Toowoomba.

Anniversary: 21 years ago on this date, my dear lady and I were married in a civil ceremony at the Bandung Registry Office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home